Every year, millions of travellers make an escape from the chaotic everyday concrete jungle to the serene land of East Arica, where one could explore the spell binding and the captivating nature’s creativity at its best. The Tanzanian land and its rich and exclusive wildlife are so mammoth-sized, that these safaris are often divided into regional circuits based on topographical uniqueness, for ease of travellers and personalized preferences.
Northern Circuit Safaris
Lined by the most precious natural showpiece of the African continent – the Mount Kilimanjaro, the Northern Circuit Safaris stands unique and most popular amongst the rest. Wildlife and game lovers, who cannot afford to miss the chance of being a spectator of the annual migration phenomenon of millions of wildebeests, gazelles, zebras and others, keep the Northern Circuit exploration on their top priority list. Some famous tourist attractions:
- Serengeti National Park – The greatest ecosystem ever that possesses several game reserves and the breath-taking annual migration phenomenon can especially be cherished during the months of September to December. The Arusha National Park area, which lies few kilometres away from Serengeti, is a connecting link between the city life and the wildlife.
- Lake Manyara National Park – the sparkling river and its steep yet soothing rift valley is known for its rich flora and fauna. It’s a great camping site.
- Ngorongoro Crater – known for its awesome scenery, the crater floor is also visited by black rhinos, buffalos, big cats and others.
- Tangerine – the home of thousands of African elephants which also has an abundance of bird life.
- Trekking on the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro
Southern Circuit Safaris
If you are hunting for some deep professional wildlife experience, then the Southern Tanzanian Safaris offers unique game viewing site at loosely populated areas. ‘The place is known for its game reserves and not for migration’. The main attractions are:
- Selous Game Reserve – the biggest game safaris in Tanzania are settled along the complex Rufiji River. It’s famous for trophy hunting, safari camps, boat safaris; game walks, fly camping excursions amidst a huge population of crocodiles, hippos, spotted hyena, leopard, waterbuck and others.
- Ruaha National Park – It is known for its dramatic scenery of the miombo woodlands and an enriched wild flora and fauna.
- Mikumi National Park – It offers lovely scenery with ample games and especially the wild dog and the spotted leopard.
- Udzungwa Mountains – Stretching across the Eastern Arc, the mountain preserves a rich wildlife within the nearby forest area.
Eastern Circuit Safaris
The best time to explore Eastern Tanzania is during the dry season (June to September). This part of Tanzania has a complete different wildlife than the rest and is often recognized as a point where the beach meets the bush. It is lined along the Indian Ocean and the major wildlife tourist attraction spot is the Saadani National Park, where you can explore the rare species of Roosevelt’s sable antelopes and others. You can also come across Dolphins, green turtles and whales across the Zanzibar channel. For getting in touch with the exotic marine life, you cannot miss out the diving opportunity at the Pemba Islands, the Mafia Islands and rare to find species along the Zanzibar coastline.
Western Circuit Safaris
The Western Circuit Safaris are relatively remote and is majorly dominated by the Katavi National Park where you can spot some big games like prolific buffaloes and lions; and the Manhale Mountains National Park, which is overpowered by a thickly covered forest area and Lake Tanganyika which is a home to several wild chimpanzees. Safarihub.com are experts in arranging cozy trips to Tanzanian forests.