Having a residential painter in your home is a great way to make a room look fresh when you do not have the time or skill to do it yourself. While it is well worth the price, did you know there are actually ways to cut down on painters costs? By using the tips from painters in Victoria BC below, you can help keep your wallet happy and your home looking fresh.
- Keep some flexibility with time: If you don’t absolutely have to have your painting done by a particular deadline, just let your painter complete the job in their own time. It is also a good idea to be flexible with the season as winter and spring will be a cheaper time to have painting done than the busy summer months. By not giving your painter a deadline, they will make their own and could potentially give your a discount if they feel they have taken too long.
- Help with the preparation: Before the painting begins there are a few things that need to be done. Furniture must be moved or covered, window coverings must be taken down, and electrical socket covers must be removed. Since painters like dealing with as empty a room as possible, you can save money by doing this yourself beforehand. By either offering to help the painter move items or having some friends help you in advance your prices may be cheaper than if the painter had to do this work themself.
- Give the painter some choice: If you insist that your painter use a certain brand of paint, this may actually cost you more. Because of the many paint jobs they perform, painters often develop relationships with certain paint companies, and this can lead to them receiving discounted rates. By letting your painter choose their own paint brand, they can pass the savings onto you. Do not worry about colour matching, as most professionals can make almost a 100% match with any brand.
- Use cheques: The cheque is slowly dying out, but it is actually a great option for your painter. Despite other payment options, using post dated cheques to pay installments with should your seriousness in committing to their service, and this could reduce your cost.
- Shop around: No matter what service you require, it is usually good to shop around for the best rate. By getting quotes from multiple painters, you will be able to get a better idea of what to expect price wise and may even have a bargaining tool to use. Some painters will even be willing to give you a discounted rate right away rather than losing the project to another painter.